Check out my YouTube page: www.youtube.com/typicalthrill

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

How to attach a rear view mirror

 The other day, my wife was driving down the road and the rear view mirror in her car fell completely off the windshield! No warning, just fell right off. Naturally I jumped onto Amazon and grabbed some 3M High-Bond Rearview Mirror Adhesive so I could re-attach it. 


I'd never done this sort of thing before, but I was pretty sure I could handle it. Sure enough, about 20 minutes later, the mirror was back in place. Here's what I did:

1. Clean both the windshield and the metal piece that gets glued to it with 99% alcohol

2. Take careful note of how the metal piece is positioned in the mirror bracket and how it should be positioned against the windshield

3. Remove the metal piece from the bracket with an Allen wrench

4. Apply activator to both the windshield and metal piece being careful not to get the blue dye on your hands or your car! Wait 5 minutes

5.  Place a single drop of glue on the metal piece (pay attention to get it on the correct side!) and press firmly against the windshield. Hold for 1 minute

6. Wait 15 minutes, then re-attach the mirror! You're done!

So this is how to install or reattach a rear view mirror. It's pretty simple, but you do need to be very careful to orient it correctly. 

I will be posting a video on the full process soon on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/typicalthrill


Links in this post may be associate links. A small percentage of any purchases made through associate links on this page will be paid to me by Amazon

No comments: